The Gear Fit2 Plugin is an essential application that seamlessly connects the Gear Fit2 and the compatible mobile device. This software is required to provide various features of the Gear Fit2 which includes app & device settings/management, software update, and watchface.
※ Please allow the permission of Samsung Gear Manager from Android Settings to use it completely in Android 6.0.
Settings > Apps > Gear Plugin > Permissions
※ Access rights information
The following permissions are required for the app service. For optional permissions, the default functionality of the service is turned on, but not allowed.
– Location: Used to search for nearby devices for Gear through Bluetooth
– Storage: Used to transmit and receive the stored files with Gear
– Telephone: Used to check device-unique identification information for updating apps and installing plug-in apps
– Contacts: Used to provide services that need to be linked with accounts using registered Samsung account information
– Calendar : Used to synchronize schedule with Gear
– SMS : Used to synchronize SMS with Gear