Exclusive: I9505XXUEMI8 – Leaked Android 4.3 test firmware for Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
As you guys may know, Samsung takes some time to update its devices to the latest version of Android but always delivers the most stable and bug free build after a ton of R&D. It’s rumoured that Samsung will be releasing the Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S4 sometime in October/November but we didn’t wanted you guys to wait that long, so we obtained a test firmware for all you Samsung fans out there.
Also, since HTC released Android 4.3 for the Developer Edition One, we just had to give some Android 4.3 love to the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) users. We would like to thank our insider because without our insider’s help we would not have been able to provide you folks with this firmware.
We have been testing this Android 4.3 test firmware since a few days now and can say that it’s really stable and the performance has received a significant boost, it’s much faster and lag free than Android 4.2.2. Samsung Knox and Samsung Wallet are present in this test firmware, Samsung Knox works like a charm but Samsung Wallet can’t be downloaded from Samsung servers at the moment. Also, there is a new Reading Mode which optimises the screen for reading, but only a few specific applications are able to use this feature, and there is a new improved keyboard as well. Most of the changes are under the hood, except a few minor UI changes here and there. Now the most interesting part, this firmware has improved colour reproduction of the display quite a bit and the text looks even sharper than before.
Keep in mind that Android 4.3 update is still under heavy development and Samsung may add more features before rolling out the official update itself.
Country: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:48:24 +0000
Product Code: OXA
– This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
– This test firmware is a pre-release firmware and not official from Samsung.
– We have fully tested this firmware and this firmware works perfectly as any other official firmware.
– Extract (unzip) the firmware file
– Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
– Extract Odin .ZIP file
– Open Odin3 v3.09
– Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
– Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
– Add AP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
– Add BL_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar to BL
– Add CP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CP
– Add CSC_OXA_I9505OXAEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
– Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
– Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
– If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
– Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
– Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
– Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!
If you would like to get in touch with us, use the Contact Us page.Join the Discussion