It doesn’t take a genius (samsung’s ad against iphone 5)

In Samsung’s latest Ad campaign starting tommorow in the national en regional papers in the US.  Samsung is comparing the Galaxy S III with the iPhone 5.
It really doesn’t take a genius to see that the Samsung Galaxy S III has a lot more features then the iPhone 5.
We already know the Anti Apple tv commercials which makes fun of the Apple users, now they are attacking the phone directly.
Samsung is aggressively trying to pitch itself as the anti-Apple, saying it offers more features for less money.
The iPhone 5 will sell the most in the US so we are talking about the US version of the Galaxy S III.

Tell us what you think of this AD and Samsung’s marketing strategy?

Source

Phones 32

Bob Cooney
Bob Cooney
I agree that it is not necessarily a Spec game, I’m still using my good old Galaxy S2 and did not jump for the latest gadgets out there this year and am still able to experience all the features in the S3 with the exception of the NFC because that is hardware based. Apple has to market their product with a focus on the user experience over specs because they know they didn’t cut it in terms of being leading-edge in technology. The ONLY improvements Apple should be able to claim over the old iPhone is the screen size and… Read more »
Bob Cooney
Bob Cooney
(6) Apple bullies other companies by forcibly dictating what features should not be included – Flash, NFC to name a few. So if you’re an anime freak like me, forget about being able to watch those anime from websites still using Flash technology. (7) Apple decided to use the slower LTE band on the iPhone5 which is on the 1800mhz spectrum and boasts a theoretical maximum bandwidth of 65M compared to the current standard 2600mhz which can easily achieve 100M. I won’t be surprised if Apple screws it’s loyal patrons again by releasing an iPhone 5s with NFC and faster… Read more »
waseem ahamed
waseem ahamed

Samsung did it right. Apple new iphone is lamentable. Those non-sense Apple fans got to be really frustrated. S3 rules, everybody should be used it

kyeskies
kyeskies

Great.

snoopik
snoopik

Apple go to hell u pathetic losers.. I can’t wait to step on another iphone when ip5 is here in the philippines.. get lost morons!

jorgelrw22
jorgelrw22
I like to think I’m quite sensible, well sometimes sensible so here’s my take on this. The new iphone is a decent enough phone but outwardly it looks just the same old except it’s got a bigger screen. Now I liken this to driving around in a modern car with all the up to date, state of the art driving aids but if it still looks like a Model T Ford then I’m not going to be that enthused about it. Each to their own but I like something not only to have up to date performance, I like it… Read more »
oscar nieto
oscar nieto

Thank God I left Crapple a year ago and I´m sure glad I did. Wasted five years ´´ of you can´t do this and you can´t do that, oh you´ve got to register by itunes and then authorize your own PC´´ What a bunch of fools and their sheeps … yeah I know I was one, but never again. Love my Galaxy note and I would piss on Crapple, iOS and monkeytunes any day. If you never used a Galaxy Note you will never understand my hatred for Crapple.

Edmisco
Edmisco

Warning to everyone.
Don’t be alarmed when you see a large group of mindless zombies in your town centres this Friday the 21st.
It’s only people possessed by a large corporation going to collect their new mind controlling devices, or iPhones as they call them.

sosascary
sosascary
To be Honest. I don’t think Samsung should of made an Ad saying its better than Iphone 5. It was an wrong approach. Yes i can understand The War between the two. iPhone 5 is disappointed. I am no one Phone lovers. I like all and every Phone once i go good feature. And Samsung Galaxy S3 is currently the Best Phone on the Market, due to what iPhone 5 brought out. Samsung should let they sale and Costumers do the Talking to Hit iPhone back in there faces. by them doing this add, means they are no different From… Read more »
doncapo
doncapo

Why should I pay only 700-900$ for an Upgrade? Apple is a bunch of idiots! Samsung FTW <3

serbuz
serbuz

@sirgarry
When was the last time Apple gave Samsung money? Every time they order chips for iPhones. Samsung makes approximately 4Billion per quarter on that alone. So to answer your question, all the god damned time.

Konstantin_lachmann
Konstantin_lachmann

why the U.S. version has a setting that best sold in Brazil?

coolmobilenz
coolmobilenz

Well so much for the best iphone ever, Tech sites are trashing it so maybe it’s not the best ever lol.
Only Apple’s site’s and Sky are saying what a great phone it is and it’s better than any android phone lol Maybe they will wake up one day
iechyd da

s0311029
s0311029

Apple could say its not about spec wars anymore. IMO theyr trying to say with the iphone5 “hey i can text with 1 hand.” or rather “i remained an iphone 4 shape cuz i dont wana get sued”.. Cant wait for this S4 vs iphone 6.

balsarim
balsarim

What about p7300 upgrade to ics?

mutabobr
mutabobr

@jamespevasquez2012
It may be a relatively small sum for Samsung but when was the last time Apple gave $1B or more to Samsung? Samsung got owned.

well if you think about it apple buys parts from samsung. so you can say that apple gives money to samsung too.

asadeng
asadeng

@ Sir Garry

Better if we see the financials of Samsung and Apple for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2012 and let’s see who got OWNED. Iphone 5 will never outperform Samsung Galaxy S3’s performance in terms of quantity sales coz they suck.

banele
banele

@jamespevasquez2012

It may be a relatively small sum for Samsung but when was the last time Apple gave $1B or more to Samsung? 😉 Samsung got owned.

Musje
Musje

I hate Apple. they want to destroy Android.
And all these lawsuits are used as a smokescreen to hide their real purpose, Destroying Android. Steve Jobs said he wanted to destroy Android and would spend all of Apple’s money and his dying breath if that is what it took to do so.

asadeng
asadeng

1 billion coming from Samsung’s revenue from Samsung Galaxy s3 and other smartphones.. Samsung won’t be hassled by that small donation to Apple..

banele
banele

@kuru31 @jamespevasquez2012

I use my Galaxy S2 on a daily basis and am happy with it, but that doesn’t change the fact that this ad is ridiculous.

And the last time any of the two got owned was when Samsung was told to hand over $1B to Apple. Samsung hasn’t had a win since then.

asadeng
asadeng

f#ckin Apple fans! don’t u c dat d b#tch Apple has been OWNED by Samsung?? Dammit!

desmond159
desmond159

For those call fail why an earth are you coming to Samsung related website. Most of you know iPhone users can be easily misled when comedian in US went on the street and given a 4S to users and asked what do they think they all said it was thin,fast,cool etc. So in a way this AD just high lights what is out there and don’t be fooled by Apple’s clever marketing and some biased media and blogs.

jiva90
jiva90

S3 is heavy 4.7 oz vs 3.95 oz

banele
banele

I call fail on Samsung. Everything between NFC and removable battery are just there to make the list look bigger… to make it fair iPhone should also list things like VIP inbox, Safari sync etc.

wpDiscuz