Samsung Galaxy S II LTE Ice Cream Sandwich update finally arrives

You can now update your Galaxy S II LTE via KIES or OTA.
This is the official Android 4.0.3 update for the Galaxy S II.
Thanks to this update you can use things like facelock.
Sadly this update is still not done for the Galaxy S II LTE  HD.
Samsung needs more time for this update.

Let us know if you got this Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich update.

source

Phones 42

trackback
2 years 22 days ago
mortgagecrow

mortgagecrow Major thanks for the blog.Thanks Again. Keep writing.

Major thanks for the blog.Thanks Again. Keep writing.

Tony_Bazil
4 years 10 months ago
Tony_Bazil

sir. what is ice cream sandwich?

sanjaymakhija
5 years 1 month ago
sanjaymakhija

@ davidcsv: Can you confirm this ICS version can root? I wanna have the info about root before update.

benzen89le
benzen89le

salve io nn riesco ad aggiornare il mio galaxy s II lo attaccato al kies ma nn mi da nessun risultato tenta di fare l’aggiornamento firmware ma poi si blocca e nn riesco piu ad andare avanti come faccio sapete aiutarmi anche perchè ho riscontrato che il telefono si e rallentato di molto

simon rampp
simon rampp

seriously i feel like I’ve been tricked by Samsung as yet no update for galaxy S2 ( i9100G )
while the the galaxy S2 ( i9100 ) been updated long time ago

iwual
iwual

Hi davidcsv, whould u send me the files. Thanks

miduend
miduend

Excuse me for a minute everyone, this thread is about the galaxy s2 4G LTE (the gt-i9210t, in Australia) Not the i9100. Please refrain from asking about other phones.

I would like to know when the ICS update will be available for the s2 4g LTE gt-i9210t Telstra handsets in Australia.

Thanks.

protion
protion

I’m also an I9100G owner and I would like to know when we gonna get ICS in Malaysia, any info/ date would be most appreciated.

Thank you and kindly wait for an answer

PDA: I9100GDZKL3
PHONE: I9100GDZKL3
CSC: I9100GOLCKL3
Build Info:Thu Dec 22 14:58:59 KST 2011

macola.hr
macola.hr

bem vejo que a empresa não divulga, más gostaria de uma resposta!! A Samsung não anuncia e nunca anunciou a tela Gorilla Glass nos aparelhos nacionais, pelo menos eu não lembro de ter visto! o aparelho nacional não tem a tela anti-arranhões. isso é algo que vc’s devem saber !!!! sou brasileiro é até agora ninguêm sabe Se o aparelho nacional tem a tal tela, eu não sei, mas eu encontrei muita dificuldade para achar uma resposta diferente (por sinal não encontrei). Se você encontrar em algum lugar, por favor avise, porque está complicado!!! espero resposta!!

macola.hr
macola.hr

ainda nao recebi uma ATUALIZAÇÃO do SAMSUNG Sii, Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3. Como Faço para baixar e atualizar?? vc’s podem me enviar o conteudo para atualização completo???
meu Sii e Nacional sou brasileiro.

macola.hr
macola.hr

ainda não recebi a atualização do SAMSUNG Sii , Android 4.0.3 Ice atualização Sandwich Cream. como faço para baixar e atualizar

Brickmann
Brickmann

I don`t it have in Argentina yet…..I connect my Galaxy S2 every day to Samsung Kies, bud still nothing :o(
Do you have some information about it? Thanks!!

nbays1975
nbays1975

Can i flash this to swedish version GT-I9210?

denisdumea
denisdumea

also I’m a I9100G owner and I want to know when we gonna get ICS.
Thanks and we wait some kind of answer

riegerloo
riegerloo

I’m a I9100G owner and I want to know when we gonna get ICS.
Thanks and we wait some kind of answer

reachchavali
reachchavali

Samansad,

Please specify more/all firmware and phone details… indicate the exact model you have and which firmware (file) you used to flash. Additionally, provide a dump of the ‘about phone’ screen details.

In most cases, your CSC is not configured properly and that will cause KIES to ‘choke’ on certain ‘things’ when you connect the phone.

I noticed that people are asking questions in this thread which are totally not related to the thread’s subject/title, so please provide as much info as you can regarding your situation (phone model, versions etc…) in order to get a more effective response/solution to your problem.

reachchavali
reachchavali

JickLee,

One thing you could try is to perform a factory reset (incl clearing cache). Start from scratch and (re)configure your device. This worked for us before when we encountered unexplainable ‘anomalies’ on our S2’s.

Of course, if you are sure the phone was reset to factory defaults after the upgrade, then something else would be the cause of your problems (perhaps app not behaving well under ICS?…idk)

meet3981
meet3981

Hi mates, after upgrading to Android version 4.0.3, some of my apps are no longer working that well, especially the driving mode of the Text-to-Speech service. I can still see the configuration but it doesnt work!

Here’s my phone info:

Model Number: GT-I9100
Android Version: 4.0.3
Baseband Version: I9100XXLPQ

I am thinking to revert this back to android 2.3 but im not sure if that’s the best solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks for you help 🙁

sergianni
sergianni

I’m from India, when can India S2 get ICS Update???????
does anybody have any idea?????

Exclusive_d
Exclusive_d

What about S-2 GT-I9100’G’ model for ICE update? Why samsung cheating us…How long we have to wait…

dzivu
dzivu

I updated using your final firmware and now it said my OS don’t support update through Kies 🙁

liverulas
liverulas

I am from iran.update i9100g for icream?

king1975
king1975

why do we wait ICS for I9100G?

isaaydin13
isaaydin13

Hope this rom correct all other ICS bugs. Frieze in apps using ( “2XL”, “final defence”), don’t remember personnal settings for another app “glob trafic et radars”.
And at first, the most bad, friezing using Swype, for sms or internet wrting !

miduend
miduend

Hopefully the ICS helps the battery problem. With the “LTE” turnd on this phone drains from 100 to 76% in 5 hours of sitting in my bag… LTE off is better, but its still 10% in 4 hours of idle… wifi at home gives me the best though.. almost where i left it when i wake up 6-7 hours later.

wpDiscuz