SamMobile Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galaxy Note 2 Messaging has stopped working

Thanks

Galaxy Note 2 Messaging has stopped working

My wife got me this fantastic phone for christmas, my son bought one and i know of 2 others with the same phone, after about a month of using we got the same problem, texting has now become a problem on all the devices. i am with O2, my son is with 3 and the others are Orange so it can not be network related. I have done a factory reset which worked for a while and now the same thing is happening again. The message screen goes black, even though i have messages in there, it wont send or recieve messages, then comes up with sorry messaging has stopped working, but there is no option to report this, i contacted samsung who say do another factory reset or they can collect the phone for repair which will take around 14 working days. I use this phone for my buisness so i can not do with out it. Any ideas why these phones are all doing the same thing? samsung are not aware of the issue which i find impossible for a company this size.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,499 Times in 2,353 Posts
    There may well be an issue based upon your evidence.
    But try this:
    When you factory reset, do you import any data/settings?
    The chances are that you do, so importing the same problem.

What I would try is to go to Settings > Applications > All
    Find Messaging and delete Cache and data.
    Now restart to give a clean app.

Thanks
    Hi, i have tryed what you said and it worked for a while but now doing same thing. I have done what you said again and then restatred the phone works again for a while. Is there anything else we can do? I know 4 people with the note 2 not all on same network and having same issues?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,499 Times in 2,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tazlad [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi, i have tryed what you said and it worked for a while but now doing same thing. I have done what you said again and then restatred the phone works again for a while. Is there anything else we can do? I know 4 people with the note 2 not all on same network and having same issues?
    Hmm!
    Not a solution, but possible work around is to try another sms app.
    This may help to isolate the problem.
    Try Handcent or GoSMS

Thanks

Lightbulb Same issue with my Brand new Samsung Galaxy s4...please help!

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hmm!
    Not a solution, but possible work around is to try another sms app.
    This may help to isolate the problem.
    Try Handcent or GoSMS
    Hi,
    I went to Settings > Applications > All and tried to delete Cache and data from Messaging but now after restarting it,
    Messaging has completely been deleted so I'd like to know how to re-install it and see if it will work.
    Thanks in advance for your help!