SamMobile - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GT-I9000M - Canadian version of a great phone

Thanks

Exclamation GT-I9000M - Canadian version of a great phone

Information for my phone must have been sucked into a black hole! I have had a Galaxy S since Aug. 2010. It is a GT-I9000M: the Bell Vibrant. Problem is, I can find very little information regarding this phone. I have searched everywhere and found something saying it is not quite the same phone as the international i9000 so be careful flashing firmware or kernels for it. This site doesn't even have a firmware release in the "official" thread that looks even close to the release numbers of my versinon of Gingerbread.

I had no problem rooting the phone when it was FROYO, but since upgrading it to Stock Gingerbread, I can't find anything that makes me comfortable enough to flash anything. If someone could offer some help or direct me somewhere, I will be eternally grateful!

Here are the particulars for my device. I wish I knew what the numbers actually mean.

Model number
    GT-I9000M

Firmware version

Baseband Version:
    I9000UGKG3

Kernel version
    2.6.35.7-I9000UGKG3
    sj0829.kwon@sep-08 #2

Build number
    GINGERBREAD.GKG3

Thanks
    it is no different to the regular I-9000. Good kernels and roms install no problem (e.g. Tornado) -- anything having issues on the Bell phone are custom roms and kernels that have issues on other variants also.
    JVT is the latest full release 2.3.5 and you may still want to flash the KG3 modem for Bell to activate the 850 band in the simplest way.
    Install the stock JVT, then flash or install KG3 modem using odin or cwm: both files are in wide circulation. Flashing stock JVT will give you the XEU csc, which means the phone works great and there's no pre-installed Bell bloat.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lgsshedden For This Useful Post:

Krudag (31-10-2011)

Thanks
    Thanks Igsshedden! Much appreciated. I feel much more comfortable now.
    Last edited by Krudag; 02-11-2011 at 22:09.

Thanks
    I also have this phone,i want to know that how i can unlock this phone so that i can use it in my country that is India,because it did not detect indian sim cards.

Thanks
    trojantech you can have a look at this thread. [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Open a new thread there and write down your phone-model and all other informations.
    [B]Read the rules || Search before opening a thread || Use the "Thanks" - Button || Firmware-Page

Thanks
    Where can I download the official Bell UGKG3 2.3.3 firmware?

Thanks
    I had a problem with a I9000M stuck in boot mode. I put it into download and put in another software from the net using the heimdall loader. It unlocked it but now I don't have service as the software is from europe. I too need the UGK3 2.3.3 firmware. PLEASE HELP??
    Thanks

Thanks
    Found it here: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I will test it like now and let you know.

Thanks
    Good Evening Gentlemen,

I would like to thank everyone for looking into this for me. I also want to apologize in advance for I think this would have been asked quite sometimes but unfortunately I am not able to find the right firmware. My phone right now is stuck at the samsung logo screen. It is samsung galaxy s from Bell. It does go into Downloading mode and I have tried many different .pit, pda, modems, csc files but none have worked. I am sure my phone is I9000M and on the latest version of Android (gingerbread). The phone info I think is very similar to the one quoted above:

Here are the particulars for my device. I wish I knew what the numbers actually mean.

Model number
    GT-I9000M

Firmware version

Baseband Version:
    I9000UGKG3

Kernel version
    2.6.35.7-I9000UGKG3
    sj0829.kwon@sep-08 #2

Build number
    GINGERBREAD.GKG3

Can someone please, paste the links from where I can get the Modem file and the firmware (PDA, CSC, PIT) which will work with Bell network provider. I think I know how to put it on the device. Any help will be greatly appreciated in regards.

Thanks.

Umar

Thanks
    Hi Gentlemen,

I would like to thank everyone in advance for looking into this for me. I also want to apologize in advance for I think this would have been asked quite sometimes but unfortunately I am not able to find the right firmware. My phone right now is stuck at the samsung logo screen in the start. It is samsung galaxy s and the provider is Bell Canada. It does go into Downloading mode and I have tried many different .pit, pda, modems, csc files but none have worked. I am sure my phone is I9000M and on the latest version of Android (gingerbread). The phone info I think is very similar to the one below:

Model number
    GT-I9000M

Firmware version

Baseband Version:
    I9000UGKG3

Kernel version
    2.6.35.7-I9000UGKG3
    sj0829.kwon@sep-08 #2

Build number
    GINGERBREAD.GKG3

Can someone please, paste the links from where I can get the Modem file and the firmware (PDA, CSC, PIT) which will work with Bell network provider. I think I know how to put it on the device. Any help will be greatly appreciated in regards.

FYI...some links were posted but they pointed to Under Construction part of this website.

Thanks.

Umar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast