SamMobile Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Samsung GT-S5660 Galaxy Gio, welche Firmware für Deutschland?

Thanks

Samsung GT-S5660 Galaxy Gio, welche Firmware für Deutschland?

Guten Tag, ich habe Galaxy Gio, könnten Sie mir bitte sagen, welche Firmware ist die offizielle
    für Deutschland?
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ].
    Ist sehr wichtig, weil ich sonst meine Garantie verliere!

Danke
    Last edited by Rj.San; 01-10-2011 at 21:12.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,989 Times in 203 Posts
    English!

Thanks
    SamFirmware

My English is very bad ... I'm sorry.

Good day, I've Galaxy Gio, you could tell me which firmware is the official
    for Germany?
    Is very important, because otherwise I lose my warranty!

Thank you

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rj.San [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    SamFirmware

My English is very bad ... I'm sorry.

Good day, I've Galaxy Gio, you could tell me which firmware is the official
    for Germany?
    Is very important, because otherwise I lose my warranty!

Thank you
    Official (for sure) version is only the one that you see in KIES (the official application to control the phone from PC) when you connect the phone. It is possible that Kies to say that your version is the latest one, or to invite you to upgrade to a newer version. When I first used Kies to update my ROM it was an update from Android 2.2 to 2.3. And the version that Kies installed it was full of bugs. So, after that I never used Kies to update the ROM.

Unofficial ROMs are the ones hacked, edited of modified of some sort, and have a different name (for example: GioPro, CyanoGio, etc). For this ones it's likely that you will lose warranty, but only if you go to the service with that version installed.

So I would say to use latest (2.3.5) ROM version, since it is the newest, and there is no user that complained about bugs or not working. I too have installed that version, and i't running great. By the way, the default language (the one that firstly appear on the phone) is German!
    For updating the ROM, use Odin (included in download package) and follow the steps from here: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

PS: for translating you can use [ Login above or register to see download links. ] It can translate a word, a paragraph, or even a whole webpage - if you put the page address in the translation box.

Thanks
    Afaik there is an official 2.3.3 release for the Gios with DBT SalesCode available per Kies. But I can't validate it because I'm not using Kies at all. (Edit: The german part says exactly the same)

Deutsch:
    Soweit ich weiß gibts auch ne offizielle 2.3.3 über Kies für die DBT Gios. Aber bestätigen kann ich es dir nicht weil ich Kies absolut gar nicht verwende.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brkas [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Afaik there is an official 2.3.3 release for the Gios with DBT SalesCode available per Kies. But I can't validate it because I'm not using Kies at all. (Edit: The german part says exactly the same)

Deutsch:
    Soweit ich weiß gibts auch ne offizielle 2.3.3 über Kies für die DBT Gios. Aber bestätigen kann ich es dir nicht weil ich Kies absolut gar nicht verwende.
    No german... not even as a translation... if u wanna tell him something in german too - PN!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
    (")_(") to help him gain world domination.

Thanks
    Well, ok, im not sure why its such a problem (because its just a translation in addition), but I am going to follow that rule.