SamMobile Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Does Kies say your current firmware does not supported upgrading via kies

Thanks

Exclamation Why Does Kies say your current firmware does not supported upgrading via kies

I have a Factory UNLOCKED UK Galaxy S3 PDA: LJ4 Phone:LID CSC: LJ4 (KOR)
    every time i open kies it say my device is not supported for software upgrades :S why is this and how can i solve it?

Cheers Sam

Thanks
    Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,926 Posts
    For Kies to offer an update, your phone firmware CSC ( dial *#1234# to see this) and your phone Sales Code, have to geographically match.

From the information supplied your Sales Code is KOR (Korea) when for the UK it should be BTU.
    Go to the Play Store and download a CSC changer app.

Thanks
    i had my galaxy s2 rooted ...
    when i tried to unroot my Phone with
    with i9100DXLP7 ...vrythng went perfect.. but when i am connecting my phone to kies.. its showing
    Your Device's Current Firmware Version Is Not Supported To Upate Firmware via Kies...
    Pleaseeee help.... :'(

Thanks
    Did your phone update with Kies before you installed the firmware?
    For Kies to offer an update your firmware csc and your phone Sales Code have to be for the same country.
    Your firmware also has to be stock Samsung.

Thanks
    hey there, .. i have bought my sgs 3 from Spain , i used odin to flash the offical Poland rom 4.1.2 , and now i got this message "your current firmware does not supported upgrading via kies" , will i be able to upgrade my android version via my phone when an update is available? or i have to do anything in order to be able to do it ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by merosh6 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    hey there, .. i have bought my sgs 3 from Spain , i used odin to flash the offical Poland rom 4.1.2 , and now i got this message "your current firmware does not supported upgrading via kies" , will i be able to upgrade my android version via my phone when an update is available? or i have to do anything in order to be able to do it ?
    My advice would be to use Odin to update your firmware.
    You can do this when you want to, and not when Kies decides to give you an update.

If you really want Kies to give updates you can either change your phone Sales Code (CSC) to Poland, or downgrade to ICS for Spain (assuming that was the original firmware)

If you do not know your phone Sales Code then the easiest way is to install this app from the Play Store.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to greenman For This Useful Post:

zerde17 (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    My advice would be to use Odin to update your firmware.
    You can do this when you want to, and not when Kies decides to give you an update.

If you really want Kies to give updates you can either change your phone Sales Code (CSC) to Poland, or downgrade to ICS for Spain (assuming that was the original firmware)

If you do not know your phone Sales Code then the easiest way is to install this app from the Play Store.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    thank you so much, so using Odin is not harmful at all if i use it carefully right ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by merosh6 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    thank you so much, so using Odin is not harmful at all if i use it carefully right ?
    No firmware updating is 100% safe - even Kies.
    Odin is better than Kies.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to greenman For This Useful Post:

zerde17 (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    please help
    every time i open kies it say my device is not supported for software upgrades :S why is this and how can i solve it?
    says:current firmware: PDA:LH1/ Phone: LH1 / CSC: LH1 (BOG)

OTA says no update available, i’m from EGYPT AND NOW stay IN IRAQ for three month my baseband version is XXDLH1
    what i have to update according Iraq or egypt (using egyption sim card as roaming )

andorid version:4.0.4
    baseband version: I9300XXLH1
    build number: IMM76D.I9300XXBLH1

Thanks
    Kies is a rubbish piece of software. It will not give an update if you are more than one update behind, or if your phone Sales Code and firmware csc do not match. Also if your firmware has been modified or your phone rooted can cause an update problem.
    My advice, forget Kies, and if your phone is not locked to a network - install android 4.1.2 with Odin.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast