Thread: .pit file

Thanks

Exclamation .pit file

i have to put .pit file or not?model:i9100

Thanks
    You don't need to put it...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    PIT files are used to repartition your phone. In a normal flashing scenario you can just ignore the file.
    GT-N7100 Galaxy Note 2
    Android 4.3 N7100XXUEUENA1 (GLB)
    Modem XXUENA1

Thanks
    Not completly true people.

I remember the SII where i flashed a newer Android version as Update it was from 2.3.4 to 2.3.6 the phone don't wanted to boot again.

After i used the pit file that was with the firmware and used repartition, than it worked, but the strange thing was that the bit file was exactly the same name ext4.... The difference was the creation date.

It is not so clear for me why it failed, normaly the pit file that is already on the phone is used, in my case it doesnt worked, since that time i always use the pit files delivered with the full firmwares. No more udpates over odin.

Thanks
    The same scenario happened to me back then, but it was on an i5500 Galaxy 5. When I got my S2 and tried flashing, the PIT files are noticeably missing from the packages, but I think I got one from an XX 2.3.6 version. AFAIK, that was the time that firmwares here came in 4(or 5) files instead of the all-in-one package we see more recently. That was the last time I ever used one. It's probably because I didn't notice the need for it made me arrive at the assumption that it was not needed at all.
    GT-N7100 Galaxy Note 2
    Android 4.3 N7100XXUEUENA1 (GLB)
    Modem XXUENA1

Thanks
    Lol so strange ...most of time I used my phone to flash agn and agn 5-6 times in day...but never got any issue regarding pit file...just I use it once ...yeah yesterday I used pit file got inside samfrimware's flash tool...so for what it...stands ...in other worlds ...what is re partitions???

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    you can use any pit. file from any firmware or uncheck repartition and flash if one file firmware only check pda.. it worked both with me pit.. and without pit.