SamMobile Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ChatOn coming this month

Thanks

ChatOn coming this month

Are you going to use it or will continue with apps like whatsapp and pingchat (for android users) and the bada users want it or not??

I think this is a great app that will change the sms and messenger in the smartphones and I expect big things coming for this and samsung, also because the pc app, you have to use a different msn or something like that for the PC, Mac, iphone ,etc but this is a really ALL-In-ONE

ChatON is Samsung’s global mobile communication service that works across all major smartphone and feature phone platforms. ChatON lets users interact with friends and family, regardless of device platform – functionality across multiple platforms lets all users join in, with text, images, hand-written notes and video shared instantly. Users can chat in groups, while a Web client will allow the easy sharing of content and conversations between mobile and PC.

"With ChatON, Samsung has vastly simplified mobile communication by allowing users to connect to our upcoming feature phones and all major Smartphones in the market,"said Ho Soo Lee, Head of Media Solution Center at Samsung Electronics. “Users around the world can now enjoy easier and richer interactivity with whoever they want, in the format they want—this is mobile communication reinvented and democratized.”

ChatON, which is available in more than 120 countries supporting up to 62 languages, features two functionality options. A basic functionality option is available for feature phone users who prefer simple and easy usage, allowing users to share text, pictures, calendar, contacts and emotions through an easy-to-access client.

Smartphone users can enjoy advanced feature options, enabling richer communication by allowing users to see how often they communicate with their buddies using the Interaction Rank feature and post comments on buddies’ profile pages. Users can also create an ‘Animation message’ which allows them to create their own content by scribbling texts, adding audio and choosing their background pictures. All photos and videos in each conversation window can be viewed in an automatically-generated content sharing ‘Trunk’.

ChatON allows users to join and grow their social communities, socializing instantly and flexibly through their mobile device. Users can enjoy the benefits of ChatON globally, with free and easy communication possible with friends and family anywhere in the world.

Samsung ChatON will be made available gradually across all major Smartphones, Tablets, notebook PCs and Samsung feature phones, including forthcoming devices showcased at IFA 2011.

Thanks
    Its time i like this app its amazing.

Thanks
    Nice, but we have been asking for Skype. It has all of this plus VOIP and it is present at every platform except Bada.

Thanks
    hmm and now in microsofts hands, i will switch to vibre or something else google talk voice maybe, never use a microsoft produkt again.

How long it will be available for android and ios is the question they are direct concurents.

Thanks
    i am happy with Samsung for coming up with this great app..
    just confused to know when ever i turn on this app there is an update notification . which takes me to samsung app and then there it says " product dose not exist in the store " ..
    i am from india .and dont have aany buddy to chat ..

Thanks
    Your topic title = ChatOn coming this month
    but you did not mentioned clearly IF IT COMING OR NOT (THIS MONTH)?
    owning samsung wave s533, so any problem just ask...

NishaaNt` @ur way alwayz...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thewayur For This Useful Post:

Sontaine (10-10-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thewayur [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Your topic title = ChatOn coming this month
    but you did not mentioned clearly IF IT COMING OR NOT (THIS MONTH)?
    For me it sounds like a fact: "ChatOn coming this month" = ChatOn IS coming this month. Correct me if I'm wrong

Thanks
    Please enlight me, how can you be happy for something that hasn't be released yet? I understand the main ideea, the basic principle that ChatOn will be working under but did any of you had the chance to test it? Who knows what flaws may have, I don't want to seem with bad intent but c'mon, what happens if it will be sluggish? or no message history, contacts without avatar picture, battery drainy, won't work while is suspended in the background..there are a lot of stuff that can harm this application.
    I take all the samsung announcements with a pinch of salt, they tend to have bright ideeas but sometimes they FAIL. One example was to advert that wave or bada has messenger, but only social premium hub gets yahoo messenger. After almost an year they said that social premium hub won't come to a lot of countries (germany was left out and other important countries).
    Base note, don't get too excited.
    Last edited by Florin; 10-10-2011 at 09:17.

Thanks
    will it come to Galaxy Mini?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Florin [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Please enlight me, how can you be happy for something that hasn't be released yet? I understand the main ideea, the basic principle that ChatOn will be working under but did any of you had the chance to test it? Who knows what flaws may have, I don't want to seem with bad intent but c'mon, what happens if it will be sluggish? or no message history, contacts without avatar picture, battery drainy, won't work while is suspended in the background..there are a lot of stuff that can harm this application.
    I take all the samsung announcements with a pinch of salt, they tend to have bright ideeas but sometimes they FAIL. One example was to advert that wave or bada has messenger, but only social premium hub gets yahoo messenger. After almost an year they said that social premium hub won't come to a lot of countries (germany was left out and other important countries).
    Base note, don't get too excited.
    flash bada 2.0 and you are able to test it... it works great, push service works great, too. And the battery drain is not much worse than without push.... the only think i wasn*t able to test is file transmitting....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast