SamMobile Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Samsung Europa i5500

Thanks

Samsung Europa i5500

Hi,
    I hope this is the right place to post.
    I tried to update my i5500 phone using kies. Unfortunately it stuck at 98% for a long time (more than 30 min).
    I unplugged the phone and closed kies. My phone now cannot start. I can get three screens pressing some combinations of buttons.
    1) down volume button + power button and I get a screen with a pc and a mobile and a triangle with exclamation mark between them.
    2) menu options button ( not home but the left one depicting some lines) + the big central button + power button and I get a screen saying emergency Dload mode (arm9 mode)
    3)up and down volume buttons + big central button + power button and I get a triangle with an android robot and saying downloading

If I try emergency firmware recovery from kies it fails.

I know the best and most secure way would be to give my phone to samsung technical support but unfortunately I don't have time as I travel on saturday and I need the phone!
    Thanks for any help!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by christofer [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi,
    I hope this is the right place to post.
    I tried to update my i5500 phone using kies. Unfortunately it stuck at 98% for a long time (more than 30 min).
    I unplugged the phone and closed kies. My phone now cannot start. I can get three screens pressing some combinations of buttons.
    1) down volume button + power button and I get a screen with a pc and a mobile and a triangle with exclamation mark between them.
    2) menu options button ( not home but the left one depicting some lines) + the big central button + power button and I get a screen saying emergency Dload mode (arm9 mode)
    3)up and down volume buttons + big central button + power button and I get a triangle with an android robot and saying downloading

If I try emergency firmware recovery from kies it fails.

I know the best and most secure way would be to give my phone to samsung technical support but unfortunately I don't have time as I travel on saturday and I need the phone!
    Thanks for any help!

Find a suitable ROM from the post in Sammobile.com Forum --> Samsung Phones --> Android phones --> Samsung I5500 Galaxy Europe --> Official Roms --> Samsung I5500 Galaxy Europe Firmwares.

Follow the flashing instructions using Odin, I'll have your phone working again
    CyanogenMOD 7.1 by MADTeam with Android 2.3.7

Thanks
    its recovery mode had been suffered because you stopped it in the middle of flashing...dont use kies...use odin see it in our phones forum...i reccomend you use cwm recovery because its far more superior than the pre installed samsung recovery..go to "madteam.co" and find the way to get it flashed..and for the roms i prefer madteam custom roms over official ones... dont worry your phone is alright..just need some skills to get it right..my suggestions head on to madteam.co and gather the infoprmation from there

Thanks
    Thanks a lot for the help!
    Finally I went to samsung because I wanted it fixed today.
    I ll have in mind your suggestion. I have already downloaded odin and I ll try to experiment on this later.
    Now I have 2.2 on my phone and I have to say that the difference is obvious (faster, smoother gestures...).

Thanks
    Hello.
    I have GT-I5500xwjk3 Version 2.1 if someone can tell me if it dose take 2.2. I looked at the dwonload page that model 2.1 but others 2.2 so if i load 2.2 do i get errors or it will load
    plese help
    Thanks

Thanks
    Sometimes when you update the KIES or Odin is a problem of infinite boot and phone will not turn on. You can update without problems or KIES by Odin and if you give this problem you will have to install [ Login above or register to see download links. ] aquivo by Odin.
    Last edited by LeviTH; 03-03-2012 at 20:38.