SamMobile - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy tab wifi gingerbread update

Thanks
    Yes, it comes with Español (España) and Español (Estados Unidos).

Thanks
    Hello!

I'm from Portugal. I download the version P1010XXKPG_P1010XEUKPG_XEU

Now, please, can you explain me all the steps that I need to do? I don't understand nothing about android... And I won't broken my tablet P1010. Thanks.

My data is:
    Model: GT-P1010
    Firmware: 2.2.1
    Kernel: 2.6.32.9 root@DELL103#1
    Build: FROYO.DXKC2

Please I appreciate and thanks your help.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks
    If you bought your tablet in Portugal, it has quite roamed a lot. According to the letter code table on this site it was intended for Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam. But I suppose you can flash the newly downloaded firmware onto your device.

To do so, you first must download the flash utility Odin from this site. Having done so, you must extract the downloaded firmware file using an archiver program such as 7-Zip. The password for the firmware file is: samfirmware.com.

Now, put your tablet into Download Mode holding the Volume- button and pressing the Power button. Now connect the tablet to your PC using the supplied cable. If the PC cannot find the neccessary drivers, you must first install Kies, if not yet done so. Kies has the needed drivers included. It can be downloaded from the Samsung Support site.

If all USB drivers have been installed correctly onto your PC, you can start the Odin flash utility. If the connection with the tablet is established, you'll see a number/letter code on a yellow background in Odin. Now click the button PDA and select the firmware file you have extracted before. Leave all other settings unchanged in Odin. Now, click Start and flashing will begin. It will take two-three minutes or so. If everything is done succesfully, your tablet will automatically reboot, and Odin will show a green field at the upper left-hand corner. Now you can disconnect the tablet and enjoy the newly flashed firmware. As I experienced it, all apps, data and settings have been kept.

I described the flashing procedure as I experienced it myself. For detailed instructions see elsewhere on this site.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to janbemel For This Useful Post:

bartrik (02-04-2012), ptaal (24-01-2013), semsemsec2005 (27-10-2012), tricampeao23 (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Hi, thanks for your answer.

I bought from ebay. This tablet isn't to sell in Portugal. I bought in England.

The process is the same which you wrote?

The gingerbread that comes out is beta or alpha?
    Last edited by tricampeao23; 30-12-2011 at 11:06.

Thanks
    The process should work simularly as I described in my previous post. But it's always good to have a 2nd opinion looking up further instructions on this site.

The firmware you'll get in P1010XXKPG is a final release, though Samsung could release further versions still. They even have made changes in the software that were neccessary to prevent a selling ban requested by Apple in several cases in court, also in The Netherlands. You'll notice this change when reaching the end of a list or a photo series and attempting to move further. There is no more bouncing, but a blue glare at the edge.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to janbemel For This Useful Post:

tricampeao23 (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Well installed!!!!! I follow this and went very well: **link removed**

I suggested the gingerbread!!! Before the installation I had English language. Now I have my Portuguese language. Very good!
    Last edited by OguzT; 02-01-2012 at 16:41.

Thanks
    This was the best way to discribe, thanks very much.

Thanks
    Hello,

I flashed P1010XEUKPG onto my US Galaxy TAB Wifi P1010 using Odin 1.85 and it did not work. The device now goes through a reboot loop. How can I fix this? Which version of Odin did you use?

Thanks
    1.85 is right one. do you make a wipe/factory reset? and followed teh instructions? do you had a one file?
    [B]Read the rules || Search before opening a thread || Use the "Thanks" - Button || Firmware-Page

Thanks
    Hi,
    How can I tell if my version is the middle east version, the european version or the US version? I live in Israel, and bought the device here, if that helps...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast