SamMobile Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I9195 firmware update failure - ext4 image invalid

Thanks

I9195 firmware update failure - ext4 image invalid

Hi,
    I trieed to flash the GT-I9195 PRO latest firmware file to my S4 mini using Odin 3.07 (and later 3.09), but at the near end of the file transfer the process ended with the message "FAIL! (Ext4)". Message on my phone: "ext4 image invalid".
    It should be correct firmware...
    Now my phone is blocked in odin mode and Kies cannot connect so I cannot recover.
    Can anybody help?

Thanks
    You should always flash a pit with the image or else that can really cause big problems.
    Instead of saying thanks just PRESS the THANK YOU Button.Join my Group

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mobilecracker For This Useful Post:

androidtweak (08-12-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilecracker [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    You should always flash a pit with the image or else that can really cause big problems.

And which pit file goes with the I9195pro nov 2013 firmware i found on this site?

Thanks
    use kies emergency recover which will ask for model number and serial number both of which are in the battery tray

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafsam [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    use kies emergency recover which will ask for model number and serial number both of which are in the battery tray
    The only thing is, as i mentionned before, kies does not connect with my phone. I can only connect via odin.

Thanks
    pull battery for a minute at least then put phone in download mode .....don't connect phone to pc/kies yet....select emergency recovery in kies enter Model and serial number and then connect phone.

incidentaly when you used odin did you select PDA or Phone....should be PDA
    Last edited by Zafsam; 01-12-2013 at 21:03.

Thanks
    Unfortunately, i am stuck in odin mode. I cannot get into recovery mode using home-power-volumeup. I always get into odin mode and get message: "firmware upgrade encountered an issue! Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."
    But again: connecting to kies is impossible - even when selecting recovery mode in kies, my phone does not appear on the screen to be recovered.
    Only thing besides that is that I can get into downloading mode using home-power-volumedown.
    But then, as explained above, i am unable to flash new firmware, getting the message: "invalid ext4 image".

Thanks
    what happens when you do kies emergency recovery bla bla and connect in download mode? i have done this but it does take quite a while.

where did you buy your phone i.e. region network etc and are you sure you are using the correct firmware for your phone?

why did you opt to update originally using odin rather than kies?

have you tried to flash the original firmware....assuming you know what it is or have it?
    Last edited by Zafsam; 01-12-2013 at 21:26.

Thanks
    Phewwwwww.
    Well, i got it working. Instead of using the recovery tool, i used the normal firmware upgrade tool of kies. And yes, it connected to my phone in download mode and recovered without problem.
    The only thing left is that during all my recovery efforts, i managed to get the knox warranty bit to 0x1. Oh well, who cares about that...
    Thanks a lot for leading me to the solution. I admit, it was perhaps not very difficult but who would think to use the upgrade instead of recovery procedure when the phone is bricked.... I guess i still am a nssu
    Regards
    J

Thanks
    glad you got it sorted