SamMobile - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wich Firmware Do I need?

Thanks
    Hi thanks again. I have wiped the cache and factory rest and the problem is the wifi says it is turning on but never comes on.
    AP:19300XXEMG4 CP:19300XXEMG4 CSC:193000OXAEMG4
    Android version is 4.1.2

Thanks
    Try to change the Wi-Fi policy in the Wi-FI SETTINGS and set it to NEVER TURN OFF WHILE IDLE
    Ubuntu (ancient Bantou, part of African family language) : I am what I am because of who we are ALL.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to drakenlord78 For This Useful Post:

0164beechwood456 (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Hi again it does not get that far to be able to get into the settings, as soon as you switch it on it just says turning on and stays at that.

Thanks
    I'm really sad for you that I cannot help you that much, I think it exceeds my knowledges, or we have missed something certainly idiot mistake but for now I haven't that much solutions for you.

You can try to send it back to your provider/Samsung Support Center to see if they can help, or wait for someone else for more support...

Sorry.
    Ubuntu (ancient Bantou, part of African family language) : I am what I am because of who we are ALL.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to drakenlord78 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This is the same firmware as I am using, and it is very good.

Sadly for you it is not have you tried it with out the sim in ? It probably will not make a difference.

How long have you had this problem ? can you relate the fault to any time you may have changed anything upgrade/downgrade/dropped it/got wet/anything?

When you go into settings/wifi is the sliding button green ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to samsungfozzy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi and thanks again. No the Wifi Button is grey. Tried everything.

Thanks
    and when you slide this over, it goes green saying it is trying to connect/scanning but never does ? then back to grey ?

It must of worked at some point ?

At what point did it fail ?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to samsungfozzy For This Useful Post:

0164beechwood456 (19-10-2013)

Thanks
    Hi sorry for the short post last night It was taking me forever to type a couple of words for some reason and forever to load a page on the site. I have tried without a sim I seem to have tried everything. When I put it in flight mode sometimes it will turn on but goes back off again. I bought the phone second hand and cannot recall if it was working then. I got it for the wife I have the galaxy 4 so I never really checked it. A lot of people on other forums are having the same problems with wifi on the 4.1.2 that is why I wanted to try the 4.1.1 but that was worse could not get any networks. I have no problems with the 4 on the same router so I do not know what the problem can be. If you can come up with any more suggestions I can try it would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Thanks
    Have you tried to change the channel on your router? Usually, there is something like 11 - 13 channel usable in the EU and 2 or 3 more for the USA. This will just reboot the router but not break any links with your S4 but might help sometimes.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to drakenlord78 For This Useful Post:

0164beechwood456 (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    To be honest it looks like a hardware problem there are 2 parts to that, possibly the wifi-Lan module, for that you would need to take it to Samsung Repair Station as it will need a level 3 Engineer to change it as it is mounted on the PCB. Then there is the wifi antenna that is easy to change, but it cost money and we are unsure if it is the problem so could be a waste of money and time. So best if they diagnose and replace, but that is up to you.

But there some things we can try before that.

First of all your router;
    Can you make sure that it is broadcasting a wifi signal that devices can see (BSSID)
    Is it an open network with protocols ?
    Is it mac only ?
    Is it combination of mac and wpa e.t.c ?

The above are only checks it is unlikely that any of them are causing your problem but just maybe BSSID. Normally your Samsung would show wifi signal with a question mark, but possibly not with BSSID activated.

Next up is the S3, the 4.1.2 is a pretty good firmware especially the BTU.

As you went back to 4.1.1 you were most likely to suffer problems with wifi this is mainly due to EFS the 4.1.1 cannot read it, so once you upgraded to 4.1.2 you cannot go back unless you have made a backup of your original EFS or you were able to extract the 4.1.1 PIT file. This is where most people wifi problems occur.

I think it will be best to start your process again. So if you have anything on there to backup best do it now

First turn off the phone and remove battery for a few seconds.
    Restart phone in to recovery mode, scroll down to wipe data/factory reset and delete all user data.
    If you have a custom recovery = now go to advanced and wipe delvic cache, don't worry if you have not.
    Reboot in to download mode.
    Start Odin on P.C and load that BTU file you got from here.
    Connect S3 to P.C watch for the recognition of the S3.
    Flash.
    Once finished and S3 has rebooted, I always reboot in to system recovery and wipe data/factory reset, but you don't have to.
    Hopefully you will be up and running, if not I am afraid you will have to go to Samsung Repair.
    Good Luck.
    Last edited by samsungfozzy; 20-10-2013 at 10:19.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samsungfozzy For This Useful Post:

0164beechwood456 (20-10-2013), sznabel (26-10-2013)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast