SamMobile Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JB 4.1.2 Update ( *#7465625# Query ) - Connection problem or invalid MMI code

Thanks

JB 4.1.2 Update ( *#7465625# Query ) - Connection problem or invalid MMI code

I updated the Ace 2 using the 4.1.2 JB firmware that was linked from this site. Everything is working great.
    *#1234# gives me the following details:
    PDA: I8160XXMC8
    PHONE: I8160XXMC8
    CSC: I8160BTUMC8

Also in the About Device I can see its 4.1.2 and Kies also recognises that this is the latest firmware available.

However, when i now type *#7465625# I get the message "Connection problem or invalid MMI code" this worked prior to the firmware update. Was wondering why this would stop working? It use to tell me the status of the phone if it was network unlocked, etc. I have tested another sim and it does work so the firmware has not stopped the ability to use other sim cards but its strange that this code has stopped working. Also to change the CSC code where you type some number followed by the IMEI that does not appear to work gives the same message. Any ideas?

In case its relevant the phone was originally locked to EE however I got it unlocked using a code purchased from Ebay and was using a GiffGaff Sim.

Thanks
    Sam

Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 2,321 Posts
    You are not having problems, peculiar to your phone.
    Many of the short codes have now been blocked by the firmware.

It is a pain, especially with changing Product Code CSC, as the only way that I now know is to root your phone and use an app, such as Samsung CSC changer from the Play Store.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greenman For This Useful Post:

alphacentauri48 (15-06-2014), darkcloudi (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    You are not having problems, peculiar to your phone.
    Many of the short codes have now been blocked by the firmware.

It is a pain, especially with changing Product Code CSC, as the only way that I now know is to root your phone and use an app, such as Samsung CSC changer from the Play Store.
    Thanks for the response. I thought it might be something that I might have done wrong during the update. As long as its usual behaviour i'm happy