Posted by Abhijeet M. 3 months ago

AT&T rolls out KitKat update to Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (SGH-I527)

KitKat_Android_google-feature

The international Galaxy Mega 6.3 started receiving the update to KitKat late last month, and now, US carrier AT&T has started pushing the update to its variant of Samsung’s ex-largest phablet. The update includes the standard KitKat features we’ve seen on other Samsung devices that were updated to KitKat, including faster performance, white status bar icons, improved battery life, full-screen album art (which playing music) and a camera shortcut on the lock screen, wireless printing support, unified location control menu, and more. Furthermore, AT&T has preloaded a few apps, including Beats Music and ISIS Wallet, and has changed a few things around, including renaming AT&T Drive Mode to simply Drive Mode.

The update carries build number KOT49H.I527UCUBNE7 and is currently rolling out over the air. Remember, it will take time to reach every device, but you can try to pull it early by heading into the Settings » More » About device » Software update menu after connecting to a Wi-Fi network.

Via | Source

10 comments on “AT&T rolls out KitKat update to Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (SGH-I527)

1. savakc 3 months ago said:

Hello.

GT-i9506 Galaxy S IV 4G+ When will Kitkat available for this s4 i9506 Please update asap

• Abhijeet M. 3 months ago said:

We don’t know, it’s up to Samsung to roll out updates, we just report as and when an update comes out. Samsung doesn’t list out plans for when it will update a particular device and in which country, so all you can do is wait.

2. lkofod1234 3 months ago said:

if only ppl respect that instead of slamming ur facebook page with request updates 1.000.000 times a day. dont they have any respect?

3. kwed 3 months ago said:

Any word on if this will get on Kies? I have my Mega unlocked on T-mobile and the update doesnt work. Tried pulling sim and using wifi only. Still nothing.

• craffty 3 months ago said:

When samsung or sammobile are saying about update, it rolls out about Max. 1 day after Information about update, you need to wait.

4. guilty718 3 months ago said:

Downloaded update, phone shut off, came back on, started installing update, and then Got a message that the installation was interrupted. Now I’m waiting 24 hours to check for update. I went into recovery, and can clearly see it sitting there; but can’t install. Any help?

5. melganiny 3 months ago said:

I have Grand 2 and I want To know when I can update to kitkat in UAE?

6. yomarjosue 3 months ago said:

The upgrade of the 6.3 mega att samsung galaxy I527UCUBNE7 version is a total failure in performance of the battery as the battery drains execiva loading to 100% in less than 3 hours with normal use without internet connection using only the basics as calls and text messages consumes 49% in about 3 hours. believe that samsung should I check this update and fix errors that exist in ella.cuando 4.2.2 had battery lasted 8 hours on internet and using it basic text messages and phone calls someone else happens? I have two computers both feels the same

7. surgemanx 3 months ago said:

The update has been very disappointing for a lot of people.I’m still sitting with JB on my Mega with no knox bootloader.I think I’ll wait until I see some positive come from this…which I highly don’t see it…