Posted by Harish J 7 months ago

Samsung and AT&T put the Galaxy S4 Active KitKat OTA update on hold

kitkat-feature

Earlier last week, we mentioned that AT&T was getting ready to roll out the Android 4.4 KitKat OTA update to the Galaxy S4 Active. However, the carrier has now halted the rollout and mentioned that it is working with Samsung to improve the OTA. It is likely that AT&T has discovered stability issues after the rollout of the update, which could be why the carrier paused the rollout while it investigates. Meanwhile, Samsung’s statement also mentions that the OTA update is on hold, but does not clarify as to why this is the case. Here is the official statement from Samsung: “The software update for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is temporarily on hold while AT&T and Samsung look into potential improvements.”

Did you make the switch to Android 4.4 KitKat on your Galaxy S4 Active before it was pulled? If so, are you seeing any issues with the handset? Let us know in the comments below.

Via

6 comments on “Samsung and AT&T put the Galaxy S4 Active KitKat OTA update on hold

1. njramsfan 7 months ago said:

unresponsive touchscreen, super hot battery that leads to screen image burn ins..

2. gagaraz 7 months ago said:

I own the Samsung Galaxy S4 (with 4G CAT 4) and got the update a short time after deployment commenced. I have not noticed any problems with the update itself being installed on my phone but I am curious to know when Samsung will release the Android 4.4 kitkat update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-i9506)?
    please give me some info on this…

3. aluthmany 7 months ago said:

I have a S-4 Active and I waited a long update since I wish you could come down to globally update ksa

4. xezpwnagez 7 months ago said:

My Galaxy S4 active has unresponsive touchscreen, the buttons work great but the screen just wont respond

5. astralq 7 months ago said:

Stuck between 4.2.2 and the needed 4.3 for Gear 2 watches to work. OTA’s are currently disabled for ATT phones. What an ultimate fail on behalf of Samsung and ATT just shows why I should be running the place. lol

6. derbycakes2014 7 months ago said:

I updated as soon as i was able, my s4 active worked really well for about a week week and half then about a week ago it started resetting itself running really slow the phone would get to scary hot temps and the screen would go gray…..last night the screen came back and was totally unresponsive.