Samsung Galaxy S5 sales said to be ‘robust’ in South Korea

Samsung might not have been keen on South Korean carriers launching the Galaxy S5 earlier than planned in face of an upcoming sales ban, but it looks early sales of the device could make the Korean manufacturer warm up to the unexpected launch. According to Yonhap, sales of the Galaxy S5 have been “robust”, with the handset averaging 7,000 units per day. That’s not as high as the 8,000 per day figure for the Galaxy S4, but that is to be expected as the Galaxy S5 is widely available only on one of the country’s three major carriers, and isn’t subsidized either, selling for a price of 866,800 ($820).

The Galaxy S5 went on sale in Korea on Friday, two weeks ahead of the global launch date of April 11, as carriers scrambled to sell some units before a government-imposed ban on smartphone sales kicks in. But given the high interest in the device despite its off-contract price and limited availability, it’s perhaps a good thing for Samsung, so we shouldn’t see anyone complaining in the long run.

Phones 8

florinmiga
1 year 4 months ago

this phone s5 it s a way too big…in a couple of years we will take the tv and put it in the bag and go on street…this it s stupid !!!it s way too big!!!!!samsung what it s in your head?I have an s3 was and it s the best money_specs balace deal AND I INTEND TO KEEP IT.And like me mannnnnyyyy others
p.s the price of s5 it will be astronomical same deja-vu,this it s not a good strategy from samsung.
Scuze me my enghlish

gtone339
1 year 4 months ago

Just wait for the GS5 ‘mini’! Stop whining!

CpTushman
1 year 4 months ago

Well said.

One man’s meat is another man’s poison.

ekymz44
1 year 4 months ago

please correct me if i am wrong, i was reading your comment, and i believed, you are challenging sammobile to justify the high price that samsung imposed on the s5? better yet, asked the network carriers why they are selling it on a higher price? please do remember that samsung sell them to the network with the agreed price, and network sells it to consumer on their own price, and not only in india does the price tag applies, in many others too… so i guess, sammobile and samsung, should not be pointed with fingers around here. :)

good day.

kachrukamble
1 year 4 months ago

in India network operators don’t pay any role in pricing of the phone because all phones sold here are unlocked and directly sold by Samsung and not through carriers like in US

kachrukamble
1 year 4 months ago

I never seen sammobile criticized on a any Samsung device yet, no matter how device performers to the end user after paying stiff price.
Sammobile will you justify the way Samsung set the price for Galaxy S5? don’t you think it is overpriced device?
And in India non LTE variant of S5 will be available with LTE variant price tag.
in the end of this year, Many Indian cellular operators expanding their LTE network to many places.
I am feeling Samsung is cheating to Indian consumer selling low data speed S5 at the rate of High speed data enabled S5.
Samsung and SamMobile Rocks

Luis Pascual
1 year 4 months ago

DK why but the galaxy s advance I bought here in my country (latin america) comes from India (imported?) and never had to backup EFS files or IMEI configs… never, I can pass from whatever official or custom rom (only had to configurate my web settings on CyanogenMod). Is that luck or what? A friend of mine lost his IMEI when I flashed 4.3 on his Note 2 n7100

Luis Pascual
1 year 4 months ago

I mean this phone works like a charm, indeed here 3g speeds are slowww, not much signal, and 4g is just a “baby”, this time