Posted by Harish J 9 months ago

Gear Fit named the “Best Mobile Device” at the MWC

gear_fit_feature

Samsung’s Gear Fit was one of the most innovative products that were unveiled over the course of the week at the Mobile World Congress, and the GSMA seems to agree with that statement as it bestowed the “Best Mobile Device” to the Gear Fit yesterday. The Gear Fit is unique in that it combines the utility offered by a fitness tracker and a smartwatch. The design of the device is also quite striking, with the 1.84-inch curved AMOLED screen offering wide viewing angles and a higher resolution than the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo. The Gear Fit also comes with a real-time heart monitor and syncs activity information to Samsung’s S Health. The device also has a battery life that is claimed to be twice as long as the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo.

Samsung’s Galaxy Gear missed the brief entirely as to the function a smartwatch should serve, but the manufacturer more than redeemed itself with the Gear Fit. The design of the device is unobtrusive and minimalistic, but not too out of the way that you won’t notice an incoming notification. The true testament to the amount of interest in the Gear Fit can be gauged when you see that it has managed to overshadow the announcement of the Galaxy S5. Availability details of the device aren’t known yet, but the Gear Fit is scheduled to hit shelves at the start of the second quarter.

Samsung-Gear-Fit-GSMA1-624x424

Source

6 comments on “Gear Fit named the “Best Mobile Device” at the MWC

1. taovinh 9 months ago said:
  2. eliezerjk 9 months ago said:

From all the gadgets samsung announced in Barcelona, I have to admit that gear fit is the only one that impressed me (the other is so so). The design is simple yet really cool. If they sell it in the right price range, it can be a great success.

3. Corwynder 9 months ago said:

Not too interested in upgrading my S4 yet but that Fit sure has caught my attention. Now if they get the price right they’ll have me and I can retire my Jawbone UP.

4. Bluegixxer 9 months ago said:

I wonder if that display shows the icons or text in vertical mode, I am really interested to purchase that item but I don’t want to twist the wrist everytime I look at the display.

• MartinR 9 months ago said:

Ive tried it on and the text is horizontal but the time easy to read. Its like ouy upt letetrs fo teh owrds in the wrong order you still can read them sooo. No problem read the time whatsoever…

5. msb2013 9 months ago said:

They got the product right now lets hope they do the same with the price.