Posted by Danny D. 7 months ago

Verizon Galaxy S III Android 4.3 update rolling out

android-4.3-easter-screen-feature

Verizon has begun rolling out the Android 4.3 update to its variant of the Galaxy S III (SCH-I535), giving Samsung’s yesteryear flagship support for the Galaxy Gear and many other new features and improvements, like faster performance, KNOX functionality, improved camera firmware and modes, upgraded interface, new Samsung keyboard, screen modes and other Samsung apps, new lockscreen, and lots more.

Here’s the full Android 4.3 changelog:

• - GALAXY GEAR Support
  • - TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
  • - Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
  • - New Samsung Keyboard
  • - GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
  • - New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
  • - New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
  • - Daydream
  • - KNOX included
  • - Driving mode
  • - Actionable notifications
  • - Move-to-SD-card feature
  • - New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
  • - New Additions in Notification Centre
  • - Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
  • - Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
  • - New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
  • - Full screen Samsung apps
  • - New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)

The update – build number JJSS15J.I535VRUCML1 – is making its way to devices already and should finish its rollout in the next few days. If you’re unwilling to wait, you can do a manual check in the Settings » About phone » Software updates menu, or grab the firmware from our firmware section once it becomes available.

Source

Thanks, Ziyad!

58 comments on “Verizon Galaxy S III Android 4.3 update rolling out

1. jeenyus 7 months ago said:
  2. halagore 7 months ago said:

GT-I9300 INTERNATIONAL!.. when?

• hemant10102 7 months ago said:

4.3 already going up date all county dear wait and see

iam from india i am still waiting but Samsung give soon for our country see Samsung- update going on

• Omar Diarbakerli 7 months ago said:

Already out and so smooth, just check the firmware section dude

• zarakasad 7 months ago said:

Has anyone got the OTA for the international version after Samsung resumed it or no? I mean, should I update it manually or should I wait? I can wait if it is gonna be available in a week or two. I’m in Pakistan.

• goprochyo1 7 months ago said:

@ omar diarbakerli

if you talking about I9300XXUGMK6 . that is open test firmware not official one.and it still has bugs,battery drain,heating,apps bug etc

3. Gangsteras 7 months ago said:

And when 4.3 for France ?????? it take a long time !!! please hurry i need it …..

• hemant10102 7 months ago said:

4.3 already going up date all county dear wait and see

• Franz54 7 months ago said:

Ils font déjà les opérateurs avec des téléphones subventionnés car
      c’est là qu’ils en ont vendu le plus !!! Mais par contre pour ceux qui ont payé plaint pot leur mobile et bien t’as qu’a crevé !!!

4. cihat sert 7 months ago said:

samsung gt-i9300 4.3 Update for the future when Turkey?

5. cobra218 7 months ago said:

poland 4.3 still not have update

6. amato1987 7 months ago said:

What about Bulgaria? Hey Samsung,you forgot who give your salery….

7. tepnkt 7 months ago said:

and still no update for German DBT Version… disappointed…

8. Ehud Anggiat 7 months ago said:

Still waiting update 4.3 for Indonesia. Maybe next year.

9. tatovaladares 7 months ago said:

No support OPEN GL 3.0..
    Desaponted samsung..

10. bkherallah 7 months ago said:

What’s interesting is that carrier-branded s3′s are getting the update before unbranded, which makes no sense. UK is the only unbranded firmware that came out for i9300, the rest are all vodafone!

11. Franz54 7 months ago said:

I just read that SFR will update some terminals 4.4 in January! and Samsung is not yet able to get us a stable 4.3 …!! farewell 4.4 KitKat for S3, and farewell Samsung to my next mobile …!

12. mohdhaziqsb 7 months ago said:

Should I update to this firmware? Is it stable?

13. akash09766 7 months ago said:

Finally !
    Thank you Verizon .

14. akash09766 7 months ago said:

Hey Sammobile 4.3 firmware is not present in firmware section .
    Plz fix it

15. matrix-s3 7 months ago said:

Hi All,
    I have noticed that S3 i9300 with JB 4.1.2 has problems managing memory. When you clear the memory it drags itself mine even though it cleans it. If you go there again after the first cleansing it appears that there are programs in the background that are not cleared. Perhaps what makes the new software have a problem there anyway despite new software with JB 4.3

Regards

16. lodhikhan 7 months ago said:

Where’s the firmware in firmawar section??? I didn’t find any 4.3 firmware for sch-i535

17. assas 7 months ago said:

Bonjour Pas encore En France Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300

18. halomasz 7 months ago said:

“download it manually, it’s out and so smooth, just check the firmware section dude”

Where is firmware section??

19. prosannab 7 months ago said:

When in India the 4.3 update for GT-I9300 be available???

20. Vojtulee 7 months ago said:

I got update today to my S3 in the Czech Republic

21. xraywhiskey 7 months ago said:

good to see Sam pull it socks up for updates, unlike previous years. Or is it because of Galaxy Gear?

22. 98DAVIDR 7 months ago said:

where is the firmware for download?

23. carlosbtbt 7 months ago said:

I have installed Spanish Firmware and goes well,just a problem,multiwindow does not work,i have tried apply easy mode in Home Screen Mode,and then back to standard mode and still does not work,otherwise i do not mind because i do not use it,and Android 4.3 go better than 4.1.2.

24. erhan402 7 months ago said:

Note 2 4.3 will come when turkey

N7100OJ update took all countries but Turkey did not take

25. prosannab 7 months ago said:

Can anyone tell me please when the update would be available at India

26. punithbm 7 months ago said:

Can I install other Firmware in Samsung Galaxy S III Germany (T-Mobile)…….?

• ismls07 7 months ago said:

hi how do you know your mobile germany ( t-mobile).

My phone GT-I9300
      android : 4.1.2 (now) i want to 4.3
      PDA : I9300XXELLA
      kernel : 3.0.31-742798 Sat Dec 22 17:04:04 KST 2012

where is my mobile made in ? i think germany. but which t-mobile,e-plus , dtm , vodafone ..

and can i install Germany (DBT) 2013 December 4.3 I9300XXUGMK6 versiyon ???

27. lfo 7 months ago said:

when 4.3 update reaches india? really sucks. at least they should have given 4.2.2 in case they are not able to give 4.3 because of marketing strategies. Come on samsung it enough customers who bought S3 are not happy with you and also the new mobiles that are coming with 4.3 but s3 remains with 4.1.2 not really fare. you really lack in software updates. Local companies mobiles are coming with 4.2.2. if you continue this kind shit to improve the sales of new mobiles you will not do good in 2014 things are getting change.

28. rathodkunal 7 months ago said:

Samsung People please wake up 2014 has started and in India we are still using 4.1.2…..

Please dont be SAD this year send the update soon

29. rezadelfani 7 months ago said:

Hi kids.Im Iranian.When all updates are published for galaxy s3?

30. NiViDiA 7 months ago said:

Where egypt from this update samsung :( ??!

31. for3st 7 months ago said:

FINALLY!!! got update on my SGS3 i9300 OTA 4.3 in Germany so far work well

32. sanchezcaro 7 months ago said:

Last week I installed Spanish Android 4.3 update. The configuration menu has changed. I can’t find the widgets I had before for the screen when the phone is blocked, specially the stocks bottom slide bar with up to 20 configurable stocks from Yahoo Finance. It was very useful to watch over my stocks without having to unblock my phone. Where is it?

33. mody21 7 months ago said:

My note 2 in egypt not have yet 4.3 update what I shall do ??

34. Jacopone92 7 months ago said:
  35. dtemam 7 months ago said:

how can i Know my S3 PDA without turn on my phone (s3)