Forget fingerprint sensors: the Galaxy S5 could feature eye-scanning technology [Rumor]

Well, it seems the land of rumors and speculation has a thing for the Galaxy S5 at the moment, as a fresh new rumor has landed regarding Samsung’s inevitable flagship – according to AndroidSaS, the Galaxy S5 will feature an eye sensor, which would take security one step further than fingerprint scanners by scanning your eyes for performing actions such as unlocking the device. Talk about wanting to one-up your competitors with a single gigantic leap.

The rumor has no credible source, so look at it with a very suspicious eye (see what I did there?). It sounds too fantastical, though if Samsung were to implement eye-scanning tech in the Galaxy S5, at least it would be safer than fingerprint technology – after all, people are less likely to cut out your eye than your finger to gain access to your phone, right?

Phones 8

1 year 11 months ago

(Warning: Contains bad English) What if someone gets our eyes high resolution photos? And wyh them trying to improve security? If someone stole my device, i dont mind about my sensitive info, because i dont put them in my device. For my friends and family, they already know everything about me. Be open guys, or else, dont trust any device and dont left any trace…

1 year 11 months ago

I dont know, it looks quite ridicoulus if you hold your smartphone next to the eye just to unlock it, i doubt the sensor will have enough distance to unlock it while we hold it just in our hands. And what about the users that wear glasses? anyway its pretty cool gimmick though, just like the other samsung features like aircommand etc., nice to have but i dont really need/use them.

1 year 11 months ago

Finger print scan feature was actually a brilliant move by apple. I wish samsung had it before than apple. The eye scanning feature will definitely add a huge plus point to samsung but i personally think it will not be as good as finger print scan as it will not come handy in daily life use. Just imagine trying to unlock your phone with the eye scanning feature at dark
1 year 11 months ago

1 year 11 months ago

NO problem for Samsung to add for it’s flagship.

1 year 11 months ago

What if its True :D

1 year 11 months ago

Alote more safer that the crapy fingerprints.

1 year 11 months ago

If this is true it will be a big move (eye-scanning is way more accurate,and harder to forge that finger scanning).