T999UVDLH3 – T-Mobile Galaxy S III (SGH-T999) Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean TEST OTA Update
We of SamMobile just got hold of an Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean TEST OTA update for the U.S. T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-T999).
This is the very first Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean TEST OTA Update for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH – T999). We wanted to give Samsung’s Die-Hard fans a taste of Jelly Bean before it officially releases. This update will also help 3rd party Android Developers, like CyanogenMod Team, to improve their Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom ROMs for the T-Mobile Galaxy S III (SGH-T999).
This is a PRE-RELEASE firmware and doesn’t come from Kies!
The Official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update by Samsung will start rolling out from next week through KIES and OTA (Over-the-air update).
T999UVDLH3 – Firmware information:
Android Version: 4.1.1 – JRO03L
Build Date: August 23, 2012
A few Noticeable Changes over ICS:
- The overall system is faster and smoother then ICS
- Google Now is accessed by touching the Google Search widget
- New redesigned recent apps menu
- 2 different types of home screens–basic and easy
- Some new T-Mobile Built-In Apps
- New Jelly Bean Notification System
- There are probably more new features that we haven’t discovered yet. Please share your findings!
OTA updates’ require a specific base firmware on which they can be flashed upon and are flashed through the stock Samsung Recovery.
This T999UVDLH3 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OTA update requires the user to be on T999UVALH2 firmware.
Get it from HERE http://www.sammobile.com/
Don’t worry; we will guide you through all the steps on how you can apply this OTA update on your T-Mobile Galaxy S III (SGH-T999).
Make sure you perform a backup of your data before attempting to install this!
Instructions for flashing the OTA Update:
- Make a backup of your data
- Download the Base firmware required by the OTA Update.
T999UVALH2 - Get it from HERE http://www.sammobile.com/
- Open Odin 3.04
Download it from HERE http://www.mediafire.com/?
- Connect phone and wait until you get a yellow/blue sign in Odin
- Add T999UVALH2_T999TMBALH2_
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes
- Download the T999UVDLH3 OTA Update
From HERE http://www.sammobile.com/
- Restart the device into Recovery Mode (Press Home Button + Power Button + Volume up)
- Select Apply update from External Storage
- Browse to the OTA update and flash it
- When OTA update is flashed perform “Wipe Data/Factory Restore” (Will format your internal SD Card)
- Reboot your device and Voila!
Download the screenshot pack of the firmware and post them on the site a long with the article: http://www.mediafire.com/?